Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I did on Summer Break by Alexis Schnaderbeck (as dictated to Dad)

During my summer break, Mom and Dad took me and my sister, Jessica, to Acadia National Park. My friends at school may not know this, but I was very happy to get an Access Pass from the National Park Service. I was able to get the family into the park and also get us discounts on various things within the park. When we arrived on Saturday, the weather was great, so we drove to the top of Cadillac Mountain (in our Dodge). I had great views of the islands, and loved the wind in my face.
Sunday was rainy all day! Boooo! We did a driving tour of the island. We stopped to see a lighthouse. Although I was getting wet, I thought it was really great.

Monday, the rain stopped, so we got out for a hike. Jessica and I rode our horses (aka Mom and Dad) around Great Head. During the two mile hike, we had great views of the ocean.
This was a nice picture, but Mom got her hand in the way trying to get my attention. I was busy playing with my shoelaces….

After our hike, we drove over to see Thunder Hole. I didn’t hear any thunder. I guess the seas were too calm. Maybe next time…

Here is a picture of me and Dad by Otter Point. The views were nice, but we did not see any otters. After that we went to Jordan Lake for Lunch. I ate an entire container of apple sauce (hiking makes me hungry!).

After lunch, we strolled along the carriage roads. We saw a really old bridge. I think this was the oldest, and was built in 1917.

Tuesday was our last day in the park. I think Mom and Dad went overboard. They took us on a 4.5 mile hike. We saw another stone bridge, and were really high above a series of rapids.
Jessica didn’t care too much about the rapids or the neat stone bridges. She was too busy eating blueberry pancakes!

2 comments:

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Alexis, what a fun trip! Love all the pictures of you and your sister. It looks like you enjoyed your summer adventure!

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome time Alexis!