Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Perkins Deafblind Program Staff Appreciation Day

After the Newtown, CT tragedy, I experienced the same urgency to get home and hug my kids that many parents felt throughout the world.
After the shock gave way, I tried to come up with a way to give back to the teachers that would protect Alexis.  I was especially frightened to imagine if a shooter came into Alexis' world where she is so extremely innocent.
So, my "excess energy" went to getting donations for Perkins Deafblind Staff Appreciation Day in March. I honestly started requesting donations in December.
In the end, I requested donations from over 400 companies.  I got donations from over 60 companies, which made the Staff Appreciation Day an absolute success!  We had over 140 gifts to make a great day.

Here is a link from Perkins:

Thank you all!  It makes me so proud to be a Perkins Parent and to be able to help recognize the selflessness of the teachers and staff.

Catherine

No comments: