Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why it's important


People sometimes ask me, "you had a great job working from home and balancing everything with Alexis, why did you change?"
People sometimes ask me, "how do you do it all? where do you find the strength to advocate for Alexis?"
I found this in my reading today, it summarized the answers very well.
I am passionate to find the resources for Alexis because I am passionate about Alexis.
I am passionate about working for Philips because they have brought and have the capability to bring new medical technology to help kids like Alexis.
I have seen mothers and fathers do things they never thought were possible because they had to do them for their children.
I have an awful trait that I speak my mind (a little too directly a lot of the time). But because I am authetic and speak from my passion, I take risks and achieve results -- in Alexis' world, Jessica's world and family life! As well, I do the same at work -- they are learning my style. Ekk!
Just thought I'd share some random thoughts for a Tuesday.

2 comments:

Kurby Family said...

I think that is awesome. People find so much strength they never thought they had when it comes to their children. To be able to work for a company that helps drive your passion is a great thing.

Crystal M. said...

that is amazing words!! I agree with each and every one of them. We do it because we have it, its our lives now and we do it for our kids who need us, special needs or not. I have to agree after having Eva I found my voice and I am using it!!!
hugs,
Crystal and Eva