Saturday, February 27, 2010

We're back....


We're back in our house.
Thankfully this time we were only in the hotel (home away from home) for 20 hours.
During that time, though we did an exchange.
We sent Matt to Japan and brought in his parents from Colorado!
Matt left at 4:45am to go to Washington DC, then a flight to Japan.

We managed to get power at the house at 10am this morning.  Thank goodness.  Jessica, Alexis and I moved back in once it was about 61 in the house.  We had lunch and then us girls took naps!  Jessica took the longest nap (~2.5 hours), then Alexis (~2 hours) and then me (~10mins).  I definitely should have petitioned for more.  But Alexis didn't sleep very well the night the power went out (she couldn't sleep with her CPAP).  And then Alexis didn't sleep well at the hotel, I noticed this morning that it was probably because her crib had a slight decline from the foot of the bed to the head (exactly not the way Alexis 'deaf-blind' person needs to be centered in the world -- and with her breathing problems already).  So, she is already in bed.  SLEEPY.

Of course, most humorous was the phone call I received at 7pm from National Grid, "we'd like to inform you that based on our records your house does not have electricity and we are working around the clock to get power restored."  Well, I hope they don't undo anything because right now I have electricity!!!  Very funny.

Hope everyone is well,
Catherine

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

I am glad you are home again and settling back in. I hope Alexis sleep well soon.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva